[Sca-cooks] Looking for a Beef and Barley Soup Recipe

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Jun 18 05:30:52 PDT 2004

There are some good recipes in the pertinent soup file in the
flori-thingy.  I used them to good affect to create my own
period-inspired version.  Unfortunately, I don't have the recipe on this
computer (it's at work), and I won't have a chance to get to it until
Monday.
The ingredients comprised beef, cut into soup-chunks, broth, onions,
barley, and a lot of different kinds of "winter greens" like kale,
cabbage, leeks, parsley, etc.  Specifics varied with what was available
at the market, although I did discover that two of my cats go nuts for
kale! (they fished it out of the grocery bag ;o)
--maire