[Sca-cooks] Looking for a Beef and Barley Soup Recipe

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 18 10:48:53 PDT 2004

>LOL I get lost every time I try to search something in the Florigelium.
>Muy
>husband says that does not sound like the soup he remembers, but he's
>willing to try anything once :)  The soup he remembers had a limited amount
>of Beef, mostly barley and broth, with the onions.  It may be the same
>basic
>recipe and she didn't use the "winter greens".

Sounds kind of like a basic pottage recipe. I made one for my Aten
Coronation
feast. I used oatmeal instead of barley but they are interchangeable. And I
used a mix of lamb and beef. I thought it came out a bit too slimy but some
folks liked it. It was definately my least favorite dish of that meal.

Gunthar