[Sca-cooks] Digby's Small Cakes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jun 19 14:58:46 PDT 2004

AEllin replied to me with:
> I saw that article - that's where I started. I was originally looking
> for the actual recipe, as I don't have a copy but had heard of it. I
> know where to start, Stefan... *G* I guess I revisited the
> revisitation...
Yes, I saw this after I'd replied to you. For various reasons sometimes
very similar material can end up in several Florilegium files.
Especially when people find the files using a search engine they are
unaware of the other files. Sometimes my idea of where something should
be filed is different from other folks, so sometimes I like to mention
these other files just so folks have everything available.

It may be revisitation, but despite the number of times I've seen this
recipe come up previously, this is the first time I've seen the points
you made come up. Which is why I'm especially interested in seeing what
Master Cariadoc says. Since the  original redactions and much of the
publicity for this recipe originated with him.
> Other than the article, I was looking in the cookies file. It was
> discussed several times there. And I did see Adamantius's suggestion
> there for the icing - may try that.
And the cookies file was one I considered there might be info in, but
stopped looking when I saw the number of messages on these cakes in the
desserts-msg file. Oh well. I will be making this material more visible
(hopefully) by moving the stuff from these several files and the recent
discussion here, into a Digby-Cakes-msg file.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com