[Sca-cooks] May 2001 messages

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 25 10:35:20 PDT 2004

Adamantius wrote:
>Also sprach lilinah at earthlink.net:
>  >I finally got the whole May 2001 archive to download. But it still
>  >won't unpack - all i get is a tiny file titled "fill out...)" with a
>  >few lines of what looks to me like gobbledygook, but probably some
>  >sort of very meaningful code.

Snippedy-doo-dah

>Interesting... I downloaded it from the Ansteorra website, and had a
>little trouble unpacking the .gzip archive, but finally got what
>looks like a big text file S9subsequently opened and determined that
>it is a big ol' collection of SCA-Cooks' List posts).

Yeah, i downloaded all the other files and they unpacked (as i
mentioned a couple months unpacked into 37 files, which i haven't yet
verified for uniqueness)

>If you can
>handle a 2.1 MB file (plus whatever encoding my Mac deems necessary,
>which normally means the file will be a bit larger than that in
>transit), I'll send it to you off-list.

Thank you for your kind offer. Another listee communicated with me
off list and i now have the May 2001 archive.

As for other comments, i was just wondering if other listees have
noticed what i've noticed in accessing the archive, or if my
experience is just real speh-shul.

And i was hoping for some administrative explanation for missing all
of 2002 and five months of 2003.

Anahita