[Sca-cooks] lentil question...

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Mar 1 10:29:42 PST 2004

> do cooked lentils freeze well?  i am thinking of a vegan lentil soup for my
> event lunch, but want to get some pre-cooking done.   crown tournament (now
> honey decided to enter) is cutting into my saturdays, so that things need
> to be done early and frozen(my pref) or last minute.

Yes, they do freeze well.

> and if they don't freeze well, can anyone suggest a relatively hearty
> period vegan soup?

If you use vegetable broth, funges made up as a soup is vegan.

>From The Forme of Cury: "Take funges and pare hem clene, and dyce hem;
take leke and shrede hym small, and do hym to seeþ in gode broth. Colour
it with safroun, and do þerinne powdour fort."

Q. for the low-carb folks, would funges be low-carb?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I am in a corner without being back[ed?] there and often come out
fighting." -- James Thurber, 1960 interview with Life