[Sca-cooks] Food paintings

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Mar 2 22:10:17 PST 2004

> There are a bunch of Flemsh paintings with food in them....they're in
> one of my costuming books (as a source for middle class clothing).
> Would you like specifics?
> --maire, who's got this reeeeaaally bad image of Olwen doing an
> entrement of a marzipan John-the-Baptist.....[make itgo awaaaaay!!!!]
>
> Daniel Myers wrote:
> > http://gallery.euroweb.hu/

There is this Florilegium file in the FOOD section which gives some of
the paintings folks have mentioned before which have food in them.
Perhaps this database might have copies of them if you haven't seen
them before.
fd-paintings-msg  (14K)  6/ 1/00    Period paintings that show food
items.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/fd-paintings-msg.html

Stefan
--------