[Sca-cooks] Re: samphire

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Mar 8 23:34:59 PST 2004

Devra commented:
>          For some reason I thought that this plant was extinct.
> Perhaps
> I am mixing it up with the Roman seasoning plant (silphium?)
I'm afraid I don't know about samphire, as this list is the first I've
heard of it.
Silphium is, unfortunately, extinct. And it is yet another plant that
is extinct because of man. You can find out more about this plant in
this file in the PERSONAL CARE section of the Florilegium:
birth-control-msg (33K)  7/20/01    Period birth-control.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAL/birth-control-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas