[Sca-cooks] Marzipan question

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 06:20:17 PST 2004

I'm sure Stefan has already jumped in here with where to find the discussion
in the Florilegium.  It wasn't me who started it, I don't believe.  It is
documentable, mentioned in a couple of places, including, IIRC, in All The
Kings Cooks.  I made my peach pit molds from Sculpy.  Basically, the recipe
is to colour some marzipan with saunder (red sandlewood), ginger and
cinnamon, place some in one side of the mold, some in the other side, dimple
both sides with your finger to insert a whole almond, then squish the two
sides together to form the pit, pull out of the mold and set aside to dry.
Olwen