[Sca-cooks] "Tastes of Anglo-Saxon England"

Dani flannelbutch at poetworld.net
Thu Mar 11 09:00:32 PST 2004

> But why would some of these leaps not work. Medical research today has
shown
> that chicken soup when you have a cold is good for you and has healing
> abilities. I for one can say I eat chicken soup throughout the year even
> when I'm not sick. Just like many of us add things to our diets today that
> are considered medicinally good for us why could they not have done
similar
> in early period.

It's the difference between adding healthy things to existing dishes and
using prepared medicines in dishes.

Saying "I like garlic, and it's good for me, and therefore I'll add it to my
chicken tonight" is one thing.
Saying "I like the taste of NyQuil, and it's good for me, and therefore I'll
add it to my chicken tonight" is another.

-dani