[Sca-cooks] Pattern welding meets cooking. . .

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Mar 16 10:51:48 PST 2004

At 10:13 AM 3/16/2004, you wrote:
>>Waaaaaaaah!
>>
>>I gave up chocolate for Lent, and you guys are making it sooooo hard to
>>stay on the wagon! Fudge, glorious fudge!... How long till Easter?
>>
>>'Lainie
>
>Well, i gave up my diet for Lent :-)
>
>I must have eaten six different kinds of homemade chocolate sweets that
>one household had on their snack table at Crown on Sunday - delicate
>chocolate and nut toffee, chocolate rum truffles, chocolate and creme de
>menthe patties, little cubes that looked like loukums but were chocolate,
>dark fudge, there was something else but i'm drawing a blank... along with
>pears and pomegranate seeds simmered in a red wine sauce.

All of you are evil beyond description!

By way of explanation, I'm not Catholic, nor am I religious (anymore). But
I wanted to get a feel for what Lent might have been like for a woman in
1404. But I wanted to start small ;-). Perhaps next year I'll try a full
Lenten diet, which should be interesting since I don't care for fish!

'Lainie of the Death-Rattle Cough!
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918