[Sca-cooks] Pattern welding meets cooking. . .

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 17 07:54:48 PST 2004

Kiri  wrote:

> Thanks! It should be ok if I use non-fat cream cheese. That's the big
> difference between Atkins and South Beach...the latter cuts out a lot
> of the fat. For example, instead of being able to eat all of the bacon
> you want, you can have a smaller amount of Canadian bacon, which
> doesn't have much, if any, fat. However, now that we're on "Phase 2",
> we can have some chocolate...there's a recipe for Pistachio Bark that
> I haven't tried yet, but sounds marvelous. And, best of all, I can
> have chocolate-covered strawberries. As I think I mentioned earlier, I
> think I've also figured out how to have Selene's Dreaded Chocolate
> Mousse. And...horror of horrors, the diet specifies that I must use
> dark chocolate! But what you describes sounds good, as well. One
> thing...what is stevia and where would I get it?

Stevia is an herb that has an intensive sweetness, and an extract is
made into little powder packets like Sweet'n'Low, etc.  I will be happy
to mail you some if you tell me about the adaptation.  I rather thought
that the bulk of the sugar was necessary to the texture, but then again
maybe you've come up with a new taste treat.

I've been on Atkins since the day after the Oscars;  there was this pact
between me and Baroness Morgaine, if RETURN OF THE KING made a sweep, we
would go on The Diet and lose the weight we both need to anyway.
 Halfway through the evening, I started asking her to define "sweep"...
it didn't matter, did it?  Well I've lost 5 pounds in two weeks so I
can't complain even though Morgaine's lost 9 whilst living on Lean
Cuisine frozen dinners.

Selene