[Sca-cooks] Pattern welding meets cooking. . .

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 17 08:49:48 PST 2004

We started about 3 1/2 weeks ago because my husband was really feeling
low about all the weight he had gained...he has a 60 mile commute (often
turns into 3 hours or more) when he's in town and does travel a fair
amount, so he doesn't get a lot of exercise.  And we have to eat dinner
after 7:00 which means that he eats a big meal then goes to bed!  Not
good.  But the South Beach diet seems logical and makes a lot of
sense...both low carb and low fat.  And it doesn't cut out all carbs.
Even on the lowest level, we could get a few carbs.  Now, on level 2, we
can eat limited amounts of bread, pasta, etc., even rice, so long as
it's whole wheat or, in the case of rice, brown.  And I get to eat
fruit!!!!  That was my main complaint about Atkins.  Here in Calvert
County, the farmers grow incredible strawberries and cantaloupe and it
was painful not to be able to eat any.

Best of all, it's working.  Phillip has lost 16 pounds (as of Sunday
morning) and I've lost 12.  Now that we're on phase 2, it will slow down
a bit, but I hope to continue losing.

--
Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to knowledge
and wisdom to curiosity.