[Sca-cooks] new book review-- _Feast_

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 19 05:17:41 PST 2004

Johnnae told me about it several weeks back because she thought it might
be helpful in my planning of my upcoming Italian Ren feast.  I ordered
it, and was very pleasantly surprised.  The chapter I was most
interested in (Renaissance) contained all kinds of wonderful information
and pictures, and, having gone over my ideas with our autocrat, plan to
implement the things they suggest in planning decor and setup for the
feast hall.

Kiri

Wanda Pease wrote:

>I have had my copy since December and I like it very much. It covers from
>Greek through Victorian dining, with pictures from the period.  Not food as
>Johnnae says, but about food service.   I was beginning to wonder if it were
>somehow "off" because none of the people I expected to say good or bad had
>mentioned it.
>

>Regina Romsey

Learning is a lifetime journey...growing older merely adds experience to knowledge
and wisdom to curiosity.
					-- C.E. Lawrence