[Sca-cooks] Drakey's Tool Kit

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 19 05:45:17 PST 2004

I hadn't seen this before...it's hilarious.  I could probably do a
similar thing with equipment used in the kitchen and that used for
sewing.  I did actually have a friend who, when working on a Tudor gown
for me long years ago, managed to sew his thumb in to a
seam...seriously, he actually ran the needle through the thickest part
of his thumb, with the nail on top!  It was not pretty!

Kiri

PS:  Drakey, if you don't mind...I'd like to share this with the folks
in my Barony.  I read part of it to my husband, who's out of town this
week, and it made his day!

drakey at webone.com.au wrote:

>>Y'all DON'T want to know what he admitted to me tonight that he
>>

>super-glued
>

>>to which...
>>

>Phlip... There's a very special place in Hell for you...
>
>How has everyone been? What's the gossip?  Is Olwen still making marzcipan
>marvels?  Lainie still being her wonderful self?  Adamantius still as
>enigmatic as ever... I missed you all...
>
>Not much here to report. Still slowly cooking Mongol stuff...
>
>Drakey... back on the the list with a passion/vengance (I never got off but
>I have about 10,000 backlog messages to read)
>

>>>HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is
>>>used as a kind of radar device to locate expensive parts not far from
>>>

>the
>

>>>object we are trying to hit.
>>>MECHANIC'S KNIFE: Used to open and slice through the contents of
>>>

>cardboard
>

>>>cartons delivered to your front door; works particularly well on boxes
>>>containing seats and motorcycle jackets.
>>>ELECTRIC HAND DRILL: Normally used for spinning steel Pop rivets in
>>>

>their
>

>>>holes until you die of old age, but it also works great for drilling
>>>mounting holes in fenders just above the brake line that goes to the
>>>rear wheel.
>>>PLIERS: Used to round off bolt heads.
>>>HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the pessimism
>>>principle. It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable
>>>motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more
>>>dismal your future becomes.
>>>VICE- GRIPS: Used to round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available,
>>>they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of
>>>your hand.
>>>OXYACETYLENE TORCH: Used almost entirely for lighting various flammable
>>>objects in your garage on fire. Also handy for igniting the grease
>>>

>inside
>

>>>a brake drum you're trying to get the bearing grease out of.
>>>WHITWORTH SOCKETS: Once used for working on older British cars and
>>>motorcycles, they are now used mainly for impersonating that 9/16 or 1/2
>>>socket you've been searching for, the last 15 minutes.
>>>DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat
>>>metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and
>>>flings your coffee across the room, splattering it against that freshly
>>>painted part you were drying.
>>>WIRE WHEEL: Cleans rust off old bolts and then throws them somewhere
>>>

>under
>

>>>the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprint whorls
>>>and hard-earned guitar calluses in about the time it takes you to say,
>>>"Ouch...."
>>>HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK: Used for lowering a motorcycle to the ground after
>>>you have installed your new front disk brake set-up, trapping the
>>>jack handle firmly under the front fender.
> [...]

Learning is a lifetime journey...growing older merely adds experience to knowledge
and wisdom to curiosity.
					-- C.E. Lawrence