[Sca-cooks] SPICED RUM!?!

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Mar 19 20:16:11 PST 2004

Also sprach Daniel  Phelps:
>Daniel who still shudders at the memory of a rum and coke served last year
>from an open bar by a "bartender" who passed off CMSR as rum and didn't know
>that a real rum and coke in Florida is made tall with dark rum, coke, and a
>twisted quarter lime.

I'm not much of a rum drinker. Don't get me wrong, but doesn't one's
preparedness to mix anything with Coke pretty much preclude one's
being a purist on the subject?

I mean, if I were _extremely_ particular about my sole Veronique, it
wouldn't likely matter what brand of ketchup I doused it with, would
it?

I guess I can sympathize. I'm moderately particular about single-malt
whisky, but then I drink them straight. They get my full attention
;-).

Adamantius