[Sca-cooks] Tonight on the Food Network - Biblical Foods

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Mar 28 22:44:42 PST 2004

Linda Anderson commented:
> Put it on mute and just watch the people grind the grain,
> milk the sheep and goats, pattycake the dough and cook it.  National TV
> doesn't usually show first contact peoples doing what has to be done
> with original grains. Thank your gods they did show that.
What do you mean by this? What do you mean by "first contact peoples"?
> Maybe
> I had had too much chianti, but it seemed like the authors were saying
> that natural honey was "unclean".
Well honey straight from the hive needs to be boiled and the scum and
bits of bug and such skimmed off. You can see that direction in many of
the period recipes having to do with honey. Honey bought in the store
generally has already had these operations done.

> Personally, I'll eat anything that stands still long enough to be
> whacked and cut up.  Including fish.
Like what? There have been more than a few unusual meats and items
discussed here on this list. I can point to a few such discussions
archived in the Florilegium if you wish me to.
Let us know what you have eatten and we will let you know if you even
come close to some folks who have been on this list, such as Ras.
> Ask Heleen Greenwald (Philippa).  She is constantly saying "TMI" (too
> much
> information) about this former Pensylvania Game commission wildlife
> biologist. <G>]
Again, you haven't been on this list long, have you? :-)
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com