[Sca-cooks] Missed announcements in Kingdom newsletter

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Sun Mar 28 23:24:18 PST 2004

At 08:35 PM 3/28/04 -0600, Kiri wrote:
>Thanks, Stefan, for the advice. To be honest, I am trying to get the
>autocrat to do all of these. However, trying to get the event on the
>Kingdom web site is virtually impossible...the web minister has made a
>rule that event announcements don't show up on the web site until
>they've been published in the newsletter...and even then, he runs a
>couple of weeks behind.
This is actually SCA policy - web ministers are not _permitted_ to run
event announcements until the 10th of the month in which they first appear
in the hard copy kingdom newsletter.  This is to make sure that paying for
your newsletter does give you something you can't get anywhere else.  Our
Web Minister in Drachenwald will usually put up a link to an announcement
on another web page before the deadline, though - he simply can't give the
actual announcement space.

JdH, chronicler

Jehanne de Huguenin (Jessica Tiffin) * Drachenwald Kingdom Chronicler
Shire of Adamastor, Cape Town, South Africa
melisant at iafrica.com ***  http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant
We are modern people with egalitarian instincts deliberately creating a
society that combines feel-good communalism with hierarchical, exclusionary
elitism. It should not be surprising that it leads to the occasional
cognitive dissonance. (Tangwystl verch Morgan Glasvryn, Silverwing's Laws 90).