[Sca-cooks] Mairi Ceilidh

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 09:58:37 PST 2004

--- AEllin Olafs dotter <aellin at earthlink.net>
wrote:
> OK... they gave me an AOA scroll with a shield
> shaped gaping hole in the
> middle, between the two pretty pictures! I
> hadn't really wanted arms,
> there's nothing I can see I'd ever do with
> them,

You can make a banner or a flag, with your arms,
so that people will know you are at an event and
where you are encamped.  You can embroider,
applique, or paint your arms on your garb, it is
a period thing to do.  If you ever get minions,
they will get tabards with your arms on them, so
people will know to whom they belong.  You can
paint your arms on various objects, like your
tourney chair or your ice chest, as a period way
to identify your possessions rather that use the
very unperiod "property of ..."

There are tons of imaginative ways of using your
arms.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.