[Sca-cooks] Me, was Eskimo ice cream

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Mar 30 22:16:22 PST 2004

We don't have a Hansen's store, but we do have Hansen's brand "sodas."
I've not seen them in our local chain-style grocery stores, only in our
local hippy grocery store (not a chain outlet, but probably the closest
equivalent would be something like a Whole Foods place).  It specializes
in bulk items, local wines and beers, "green" cleaning supplies, gourmet
supplies, organic meats and produce, etc.  I know I've tried some of the
Hansen's soda...maybe the lemonade once or twice.  Pretty good, but not
the same taste as the stuff I had in England--perhaps due to a different
blend of "lemon" ingredients? juice instead of lemon extract, or who
knows what? (pretty good, at any rate, although my favorite remains
Reed's Ginger Ale...mmmmm.....)
--maire, wondering how Lemon Syrup would taste with fizzy water (OFC <g>)
p.s.  They might have a website...or perhaps you could order your soda
through one of those websites that sell British foods in the US? I know
of at least one, because I recall checking it out to see if it had
Branston's pickle ;o)