[Sca-cooks] OOP: Pie thickener question

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Sat May 1 08:33:07 PDT 2004

I made the most awesome strawberry rhubarb pie this week (ok, ok, I made
two - one to take to a friends house and one that I ate myself.)  My
Dad, who has celiac disease, is a big fan of strawberry rhubarb pie, and
I'd like to convert the recipe to gluten free.  The crust is easy -
there are several GF recipes in Bette Hagman.  However, I need a
conversion for the wheat flour that's used as a thickener for the
filling.  It calls for two tablespoons of flour.  Should I try to
convert this one-for-one to tapioca?  Or use more or less tapioca than I
would have used flour?

Thank you!

-Magdalena

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

Mom-asté: the mother in me recognizes and honors the mother in you.