[Sca-cooks] Cook's Night Out

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon May 3 16:41:19 PDT 2004

At 04:27 PM 5/3/2004, you wrote:

>>I was doing a promo for baby food, and had a woman pick up a jar of fruit
>>and react with horror - "This has carbs in it! Don't you have any good
>>food?"  (It was 100% fruit - oh, a little water to mush it up... no added
>>sugar.)
>
>of course it is carbs...it is orgenic vegetable matter. What counts is the
>proportion of diietary fiber to sugars...

Not to mention, (unless that woman is eating it herself) that *babies ought
not to be on a diet.*

Wonder what that woman would say about the sugar content of breast milk?

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918