[Sca-cooks] Cook's Night Out

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon May 3 17:30:55 PDT 2004

On 5/3/04 3:39 PM, "AEllin Olafs dotter" <aellin at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Remember, I do food sampling professionally. I've been scolded for
> offering a cheese sample on a cracker, because the person couldn't eat
> one Carr's - "he was on Atkins." (Couldn't eat the cheese off the
> cracker, either, it seemed...)

No accounting for incompetence!

> I was doing a promo for baby food, and had a woman pick up a jar of
> fruit and react with horror - "This has carbs in it! Don't you have any
> good food?"  (It was 100% fruit - oh, a little water to mush it up... no
> added sugar.)

This bothers me.  An infant young enough for baby food should certainly not
be on a low carbohydrate regimen, no matter what dietetic foolishness his
mother may be indulging in.

Only the "Induction" phase of the Atkins regimen is strictly no-starch,
no-sugar.  The Weight Reduction and Maintenance phases want you to add some
in back, gradually, to achieve the desired effects.  Induction is very
specifically designated as NOT for an indefinite lifestyle.

Selene C.