[Sca-cooks] Cook's Night Out

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon May 3 21:46:10 PDT 2004

That's really weird.  I do WW, and nobody does any yelling at all, and
we don't have "coaches," either....just speakers that organize the
meetings and various little cheerful types that do the weighing-in and
such.  As a matter of fact, the whole program is very heavily into
getting away from labeling foods as "good" or "bad" and into teaching
you all about portion control and nutritional info and that sort of
thing.  I can't think of a single food out there that's on some sort of
no-no list, although some stuff you'd want to eat in small portions.
Makes me wonder if there was some sort of other dynamic going on with
your friend, or if she attended years back (WW used to have some
*weird*- at ssed rules, like liver twice a week <blech>)....If I'd been
her, I would have turned that person in to WW management or whoever so
fast, someone's head would have been spinning!
--maire