[Sca-cooks] confirmation

mtraber251 at earthlink.net mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Wed May 12 17:03:14 PDT 2004

OK, this is way off topic, but I need the resident compu-geeks to confirm
something.  Linux exists, right?  Everytime someone claims to have a copy
"and they'll bring it right over" so I can get rid of Microsponge, THEY
NEVER FREAKING DO IT!  I don't even want to know waht will happen if I
ask about Mozilla or Opera...

Oh, poor Morgana...yes linux exists, I had a dear friend of mine burn me a copy, let me see if i can find a link for you...

http://www.suse.com/us/

The demo version he gave me on disc is WONDERFUL...it saved my sanity when the OS blew ouot on my laptop, i popped it in the drive and it booted right up beautifully...since it was a demo, it wasnt installed so i had torecreate the settings every time i logged in, but it was fairly easy and as anybody who knows me can attest, i am a queen of point and click...what I know about computers can painlessly be engraved on my big toenail with a jackhammer=)

Go to Suse 9.1 personal and you can download and burn the 'live' cd, that is what i have...it is a bootable disc that takes up a tiny amount of space and replaces windows ONLY THAT SESSION without wiping anything, but since my OS was crapped out, I have no idea if you can access your regular extra programs while testing it or not. Since my os was crapped, it may have affected my regular programs [virus, ad aware, movie viewer, chat programs like ICQ and things ike that]