[Sca-cooks] confirmation

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed May 12 22:19:16 PDT 2004

Aeddie commented:
> Remember though, when you have your cleansing it is an involved process
> that must start at moon-dark with the sacrifice of an iMac (the Daisy
> and Blue Dalmation ones work best).
If you happen to have an iMac, especially one of the faster ones, I
would make it much easier on yourself and simply get a copy of Mac OS
X. It has Unix at the core, but includes a nice GUI interface (much
nicer than Windows) and a lot of off the shelf useful programs,
compared to Linux.

and El Hermoso Dormiendo commented in another message:
> My personal preferred Linux distribution is Slackware, but I wouldn't
> recommend it unless you're genuinely interested in learning about
> unix-type environments
Which is why I think OS X is better for most users. At least there you
can be using the Mac environment and gradually learn Unix if you wish,
or you don't have to if you don't want to. But if you are wedded to the
PC hardware, Linux may be your only alternative to Windows and the
Cookie Monster. (it gobbles and gobbles everything up... and leaves
"residue" behind)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas