[Sca-cooks] Kiri's feast

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed May 12 18:56:05 PDT 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Knead together well-sifted flour with oil and water. And leave the dough
> somewhat hard and knead it well. And make thin cakes and cook them well,
> so they can be ground; and grind them and sift them.

>  My redaction (with the assistance of Mistress Rose of Black Diamond):
>
>  1 cup breadcrumbs
> 1 cup Walnuts, ground

Dry breadcrumbs?

Kiri, did you try this with a flat bread as well as with the breadcrumbs?
I'm thinking that you would get a denser texture with the unleavened
flatbread, as described in the original. Possibly as matzos would make it,
although I don't remember oil being an ingredient of matzos....

If you did try it with both, I would assume the textures were close enough
that you felt the substitution was adequate for simplifying large
quantities...

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.