[Sca-cooks] pickled clover flowers

Betsy Marshall betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Fri May 14 07:40:36 PDT 2004

This might also be due to the fact that most of the clover I have seen
in Texas (particularly in yards) is the dreaded "cockle-burr clover"-
the flowers are tiny, yellow, flat and four-petaled; looking quite a lot
like wood-sorrel, except for the seed pods- "burr" clover has round to
ovoid pods covered with hooks and spines, sorrel has cylindrical and
smooth covered pods.
Pyro- fan of mixed herbage lawns, (by necessity)