[Sca-cooks] Re: [spca-wascaerfrig] Another look at a Florilegiumentry...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun May 16 19:53:43 PDT 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Permission is given to repost my response to your other SCA Equestrian
lists
> where you have quoted my previous post.
>
> Yours in fellowship,
> Dame Selene Colfox, still in Caid

Actually, Selene, I think I was quoting the post which quoted your post, but
as is my habit, I removed as much of the extraneous stuff as possible, so
that all involved would know what I was talking about, without wading
through a bunch of excess punctuation.

Given the later commentary, which you likely haven't gotten to quite yet,
about both the expense of horses, and the attitudes of the English towards
those weird Germans and such eating horses, do you perhaps wish to change
your mind? One thing brought up on Equine List was that donkeys tend to be
more warm area beasts, while horses tend to be more northern/cool area
beasts, so a horse too small for an adult to ride might very well fill the
same economic niche as a donkey does- in short, a beast of burden, rather
than a dietary item.

I'm asking, dear- it really does seem more likely to me that the small horse
is merely carrying foodstuffs, rather than being one.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.