[Sca-cooks] Dayboard-like Fighter Food

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri May 21 07:14:46 PDT 2004

> Serve things in cut form - ie slice the bread, cut up the meat, etc.

One trick that we learned was to use scissors to cut up bunches of grapes
into small, hand-size bunches. Works well.

>  If you
> don't, people will rip off huge chunks, eat half of them, and throw the rest
> way, while some people go hungry because the people in front of them took all
> the food.  Likewise, put the food out in small containers instead of huge ones
> - if people see a two foot wide platter piled high with chunks of ham, they'll
> take a lot more than if they see a 10" serving bowl with ham in it.  It's a
> psychological thing; the smaller platter makes them think that maybe that's all
> there is and they should go easy on it.

*nod*

Some fighters also like the fighter bikkits made with cheese and bisquick.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"In most communities it is illegal to cry .fire. in a crowded assembly.
Should it not be considered serious international misconduct to
manufacture a general war scare in an effort to achieve local political
aims?" -- Dwight D. Eisenhower