[Sca-cooks] Fried apple pies

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Sat May 22 18:24:52 PDT 2004

Unless you are doing the low-carb thing, turnovers of bread or pizza
dough, filled with apple slices, some cinnamon or cardamom and a
sprinkle of brown sugar come out very nice.  I make pears like this
too.  Brush the crust with a bit of egg or milk and bake at 400 until
golden.  You can make them as big or small as you like.  This has
almost no fat, but its not low carb.