[Sca-cooks] Thanks!

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 11:27:48 PDT 2004

Thanks & Blessings to Everybody,

Nope, Adamantius.  No time for hartshorn (although I must confess I hadn't heard of it either ;o).  Thought it was just the flue & dehydration; was on critical list for 6 days.  Didn't know heart was the problem.  Doctors took that long to figure it out.  Thought I was just immuno-impaired.

Olwen it is truly good to hear from you.  Your work is inspirational.  I still need to go to the groups home page & try to see where everybody is from.

Glad to be back!  Generally we don't do Coronation unless we know the prince & princess personally.  Galen doesn't hear well enough to enjoy the event.  But, we should be at Queen's Champion, the following day.  All those in Caid, stop by for nibbles.  As usual, I should have cakes, cookies or certainly something....  For tourneys, I usually tinker with quick mundane recipes for a period effect.  I worked on some lavender sugar cookies yesterday.  Lavender was not dry enough to grind & when you bit into them in was pretty bitter.  Probably better to make a lavender tea and use it in cakes as the liquid.  A recent lavender cordial worked out well though.

I will e-mail you, Selene, off-group if we can't make it.

Virtual Hugs,
Samrah

Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
Dear Samrah:

I am very grateful that [1] you are well at last, and that [2] you have
TOLD us so. I was really beginning to wonder if Galen was sparing us
bad news. Yes, since Goldwyn's passing [at age 44] we have been much
more aware of heart disease at young ages in Caid generally. Well I am
glad you're back. Your beautiful needlework came up in conversation the
other day, I forget who I was talking to, but the consensus was that you
were sorely missed. Coronation is about a week and a half away in
Darach, see you there?

Best Always,
Selene Colfox [all original parts, ok there's that one gold tooth]