[Sca-cooks] Funges with sugar?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed May 26 16:04:10 PDT 2004

The first feast i helped cook at, the Head Cook was using a bunch of
those cookbooks we all snear at now, but which were all that was
available in the 70s - of course this was 4-1/2 years ago. And the
recipe included sugar. It was one of those books with the pretty art
on the cover - from Duc du Bery, i think, and maybe published by a
museum?

I thought it was wacky, since i was already an aficionado of this
list, and i knew better. The next year when i cooked them without
sugar, and had some of the same helpers in the kitchen, i nearly had
to bodily assault the guy making the mushrooms to prevent him for
adding sugar.

Anahita