[Sca-cooks] Andalusian Pastes, was Sekanjabin Origins

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 19 17:10:05 PST 2004

John Elys wrote:
>Another side note: IIRC, just after the chapter of drink syrups is an
>equally-long chapter of "pastes" -- some sweetened, some not, most
>involving obscure herbs and spices, with medical commentary.  Has
>anybody ever tried any of these?

I made the carrot paste and it was, in my opinion, a great success. I
did cheat and use a mixture of sugar and honey, rather than honey
entirely. My recipe and comments are at:
<http://home.earthlink.net/~lilinah/2002_Feasts/2002-Mists_Bardic/2002Bardic1-Mixed.html>

It's the second recipe on the page.

I mentioned some of its beneficial medicinal effects in the menu :-)

A friend of mine made her own version, using less spice... i
preferred my own, but i think that's not unusual. She probably
preferred her own.

Anahita