[Sca-cooks] melca, Roman curdled milk

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 19 20:31:43 PST 2004

Anahita mentioned:
>  And melca, the Roman food, was made by putting a little
> vinegar into warm milk and letting it curdle, sort of like yogurt.
Huh? Perhaps I'm just mistaken, but I don't remember us discussing this
"melca" before. I don't find anything about it in the Florilegium. So,
can you give us more details on this? Perhaps even some quotes or
translations where the Romans speak of this?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com