[Sca-cooks] let the loot season begin...

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Nov 22 12:36:42 PST 2004

Ok, the generic winter holiday gift-giving season has begun. I have
recieved a copy of _Matters of taste: food and drink in 17th-century
Dutch art and life_ with the included pamphlet, _Matters of Taste: Dutch
Recipes with an American Connection_. (more details about it in some of
the links below). Visually it's gorgeous, and I find the recipes
interesting (there's a 1753 recipe for sweet pretzels, among other
things.

http://www.albanyinstitute.org/resources/dutch/dutch.whoswho.htm
http://www.godutch.com/catalogue/bookN.asp?id=477

By the way, I gave in exchange an apron that said "So much to do, so few
people to do it for me!"

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The toad beneath the harrow knows/exactly where each tooth-point goes,
The butterfly upon the road/Preaches contentment to that toad."
			- Rudyard Kipling