[Sca-cooks] edible gold leaf almonds

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 22 17:51:11 PST 2004

  Samrah, the curious, asked:
> I've never worked with edible gold leaf so I'm fascinated.  Can you
> tell us what the process is like and where you got the gold?
Perhaps these files in the Florilegium might be of interest:
endoring-msg      (24K)  1/14/03    Medieval methods of giving food a
gold color
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/endoring-msg.html
gilded-food-msg   (18K)  6/18/04    Gilded foods. Using gold and silver
foil.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/gilded-food-msg.html

And maybe even this one from the SCRIBAL ARTS section:
gold-leaf-msg     (18K)  3/ 7/96    Working with gold leaf, tools.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCRIBAL-ARTS/gold-leaf-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas