[Sca-cooks] A big thanks!!

Jackie Wyatt vaanthro at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 08:22:30 PST 2004

Greetings everyone,

Since my A&S entry caused a few conversations on this list, now that I'm somewhat recovered I
thought I'd let everyone know that the Roman dish was a hit at our Kingdom A&S competition this
past weekend. :>  I ended up using liquid bitters instead of rue, and although I did make and add
tracta, I found that the mixture started to thicken quite well on its own (so I could have
possibly left it out if I hadn't been as concerned about being historically accurate).

I have to especially thank Anahita- she sent me some extra resources and offered suggestions and
opinions on the recipe and the sources.  I haven't received the written comments yet, but one of
the judges was bouncing in her chair because of the amount of research and analyzation I included!
 The judges liked it so much that they wanted to bump me from beginner to advanced!!  I think I
ended up in intermediate because I was so shocked at the suggestion. ;)

Medb