[Sca-cooks] olives and candied carrots

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 30 00:11:00 PST 2004

Cailte mentioned:
> > I remember in the Middle, Honey Carrots was served
> > religiously at Feast.
>
> i have heard one of our fine barons outlawed honey carrots
> in our area.
Hmmm. I wonder what they would think of candied carrots. :-)
Is there a period recipe or description of such a thing? I did a fast
check in the Florilegium for "candied carrots" but didn't get anything.
> and at one time there was a ban on olive.
Why would this be? Too much use of them? Olives have not been that
common here.

Are stuffed olives period? If so, what were they stuffed with?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com