[Sca-cooks] digby cakes

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Wed Nov 3 13:16:04 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/3/2004 3:42:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ldh at ece.gatech.edu writes:

> My Digby cakes did not rise (much),

There is nothing in them to make them rise.  They are a "shortbread" type of
cookie.  I've made dozens of them...I use them as "prizes" when I do "The Food
Game" at demos.  As for the frosting: use regular sugar.  It gives you the
opportunity to see how nice a sparkle you get when the liquid sinks into the
warm cookie (I just mix sugar and water until I can spoon it on the cookies),
leaving the sugar in a layer on top!   I also point out when I'm doing a demo
that they did not have powdered sugar....it was difficult enough to get that hard
loaf grated and pounded into what we call "granulated" as it was!
  I use Cariadoc's redaction, also.

Etain