[Sca-cooks] Re: Larded Milk

Brett McNamara brettmc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 06:55:28 PST 2004

>From Recipe XVIII, "Let the whey run out..." it certainly seems that a
separation is expected.

I've made panir a few times.  When the curds form, coaxed by an acidic
coagulant, the separation is quick and dramatic.  Perhaps there's a
visible set point?  Once that required number of eggs hit curds will
form?  I don't know, but I'd be curious if anyone tries it.

Hint with the acid cheese method, which this seems cousin to, that
milk MUST boil.  It should be frothy on top before you add the acid (
vinegar, lemon juice, buttermilk, etc. ).  Adding a coagulant and then
trying to raise the temp seems to give mediocre results at best.