[Sca-cooks] Re: grain in milk dishes

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Fri Nov 5 08:28:48 PST 2004

>If you're cooking in milk, never let it boil- most you want it to
>do is simmer. Otherwise, particularly with foods with any acid in
>them, it will seperate.

I've found that putting the grains into a steam tray or other dish, and adding milk and baking in a slow oven works pretty well.
(I set it to 250)
You want to cover it with foil or use a lid, and you pretty much want to stir/fluff every 10 mins or so.

Capt Elias

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather
wood, divide the work, and give orders.  Instead, teach them
to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
  - Antoine de Saint Exupery