[Sca-cooks] Re: grain in milk dishes

Christina L Biles bilescl at okstate.edu
Fri Nov 5 08:39:21 PST 2004

I said:
> I don't know.  Every time I've tried to cook something milk, be it
grains
> or pears or whatever, the milk separated into curds & whey.

Cynara replied:
***If you cook the milk at a much lower temperature it shouldn't be as
much of
a problem.

Sadly, my electric range can bring milk up past a simmer on the lowest
setting.  Ditto for my crockpot.  I'll eventually invest in something
where I can choose my exact temperature, but for right now my tools run
too hot.  ;<

I wonder if soaking millet like dried beans would allow it to cook in
milk?

-Magdalena