[Sca-cooks] cooking with Kasha

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Nov 5 08:41:09 PST 2004

> Tonight I made a practice run on the beef soup with kasha that I will be
> making for a Traveller's Fare on 11/19. This is my first use of kasha
> and I had some surprises.

Ok, sounds like you are using buckwheat kasha. I'm wondering if you
absolutely need to use buckwheat kasha, or would kasha (groats) made
from some other grain, such as barley, rye, millet or wheat do more of
what you had in mind?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"In the clearing stands a boxer, A fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders Of every blow that laid him down
Or cut him till he cried out, In his anger and his shame,
'I am leaving, I am leaving' But the fighter still remains."