[Sca-cooks] cooking with Kasha

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Nov 5 12:05:50 PST 2004

> Kasha is Buckwheat groats.  Other grains go by other names. I have never seen a 'wheat kasha' or
> 'rice kasha', etc...  only buckwehat kasha.

'kasha' is just Russian for 'groats'. :)
The most common modern type of kasha in the Ukraine is buckwheat, but
buckwheat doesn't come into Russia/Ukraine until partway through our
period.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"In the clearing stands a boxer, A fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders Of every blow that laid him down
Or cut him till he cried out, In his anger and his shame,
'I am leaving, I am leaving' But the fighter still remains."