[Sca-cooks] Where R we?

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Nov 6 10:57:29 PST 2004

I'm in the East Kingdom, in Connecticut. I don't play with the local group-
do most of my SCA either on line, or at specific events.

Just made myself my usual cinnamon toast for breakfast- multigrain bread,
butter, turbinado sugar, and cassia, and am endeavering to cause a pot of
coffee to happen.

While I'm a pretty good cook, and coffee machines are pretty easy to deal
with, first thing in the AM, I'm capable of screwing it up. There's only a
few things you need to do- empty the old filter, place the new filter in,
add the coffee, shut the filter section, pour in the water, and turn the
machine on.

I have managed to screw every one of these steps up repeatedly. Rob, my
roommate's husband, finally took over making my first pot of coffee in the
AM when I managed to put the coffee into the water tank <sigh> And, not
once, but two seperate spoonfuls....

I'm planning on making some macaroni and cheese for dinner tonight- just
haven't decided which kind- I like both the baked and the "box" style
(although I don't use the boxes). Since I have Mac and cheese as a side
dish, I'm trying to decide what I'll serve it beside, and then I'll know if
I want to make the baked classic, or Rob's version with the Velveeta and the
hot salsa. Leaning towards the salsa version- it's chilly today...

Any votes?

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.