[Sca-cooks] Where R we?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sat Nov 6 11:14:13 PST 2004

At 10:57 AM 11/6/2004, you wrote:

>While I'm a pretty good cook, and coffee machines are pretty easy to deal
>with, first thing in the AM, I'm capable of screwing it up. There's only a
>few things you need to do- empty the old filter, place the new filter in,
>add the coffee, shut the filter section, pour in the water, and turn the
>machine on.
>
>I have managed to screw every one of these steps up repeatedly. Rob, my
>roommate's husband, finally took over making my first pot of coffee in the
>AM when I managed to put the coffee into the water tank <sigh> And, not
>once, but two seperate spoonfuls....

Well Phlip, you could leave the Dark Side and learn to drink tea like
right-thinking folk ;-D) Boil water. put tea bag or ball in cup. Pour water
in cup. Wait.

Aaaahhhh...

Of course there's other dangers. The other day I heard the water come to
boil, thought "huh- I don't remember putting it on." No matter, my mug was
empty, so I shuffled into the kitchen and poured myself another cup of tea.
Was refilling the pot when Regina came in, looked at me and exclaimed "You
stole my water!" D'oh!

I do have my sweetie trained in the art of plying me with tea however. When
I'm especially pliable, my eyeballs are practically floating. ;-)

'Lainie