[Sca-cooks] Goats

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 18:00:47 PST 2004

--- Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:

 How would the producers get the butter if the milk doesn't
> separate? Is there a way to "force" it?

Aha.  Apparently there are Cream Seperators out there, which will work on Goat's milk as well as
cow's milk.  From the pictures/descriptions I have seen, it looks very much like a bowl sitting on
top of a motor or crank, which is spun to seperate the cream from the milk.

This method sounds like it would be more economical for the commercial 'goat butter' manufacturer
than using the whey from the cheese, but I'm not sure.  If you're going to make goat cheese, you
might as well use the whey runoff to make butter, no?

William de Grandfort
Lover of Sweet Butter
Lover of Goat Cheese
Hmmnnn... may have to give Goat Butter a shot...

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.