[Sca-cooks] Llama was Mute Swan

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 18:56:53 PST 2004

What is wrong with blackberries?  I find them
very tasty.

When I was young, we used to have five 20' long
rows of blackberries.  Unfortunately, my mother
had my dad dig them out when I was 10 and our
frequent blackberry shortcakes and blackberry
jams and blackberry pie days were over.  About
10 years later, I tried to grow them again, but
they just wouldn't survive.  Sigh.

Huette

--- Wanda Pease <wandap at hevanet.com> wrote:

> My brother has land on the Oregon Coast.
> Blackberries threatening the
> house, driveway, and everything else that
> didn't move fast enough.  He went
> out to buy goats. Came back with two llama s
> instead (no, Lanie!  Not the
> ones who wear Saffron Orange).  Now he has 28
> llamas and no blackberries...
> in the pastures that is.
>
> Regina
>

> > A little tip for getting rid of vine type
> plants that you don't want
> > around... get a goat.  They love briars,
> blackberries, etc... and
> > they will
> > eat them down to the point of killing them
> off.  Speaking from experience,
> > we lost several blackberry bushes  and
> honeysuckle to goats, as
> > well as the
> > pleasant loss of briars, poison ivy, sumac,
> etc.  Unfortunately
> > though, they
> > also like saplings.
> >
> > Lady Elizabeta of Rundel