[Sca-cooks] Different flours, was Cookie Exchange

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 22:19:12 PST 2004

--- Terry Decker <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> The term glutinous rice does not mean that the rice contains gluten.  It
> means that the rice is gluey or glue-like, in other words, sticky.  This is
> usually because of high level starch in the grain.

No, I didn't mean to imply that Glutinous rice contained gluten.  Merely that it might work better
as a cookie ingredient than straight rice flour.  I haven't tried to make cookies with rice flour,
so I wouldn't know for sure.

William de Grandfort

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.