[Sca-cooks] Different flours, was Cookie Exchange

Simon Hondy scholari at verizon.net
Wed Nov 10 03:50:44 PST 2004

Try adding a little xanthan gum, it will help stop the crumbling, as well as
a combination of flours.
One of the GF Flour mixes I have used successfully is this:
4 parts brown rice flour
1 part Potato starch flour
1 part Tapioca flour
1 part Corn Starch

http://www.celiac.com has a lot of resources and information on this type of
cooking and  baking.
here is their section on cookies and bars:
http://www.celiac.com/st_main.html?p_catid=54&sid=91hH9H10F03a9JX-5810436996
4.9a
Another good site is:
http://www.celiacchicks.com

Also books by Bette Hagman, she has done a series of Gluten Free Cookbooks.

In GF baking I have found at times the texture to be a little sandy, to
alleviate this I combine the flours with the liquids, and let them 'soak' a
little before adding any of the leavening.

Simon Hondy